top of page

Immigrate to Canada

Express Entry

Express Entry is an online system that we use to manage applications for permanent residence from skilled workers.

There are 3 economic immigration programs under Express Entry:

  • Federal Skilled Worker Program

  • Federal Skilled Trades Program

  • Canadian Experience Class

Provinces and territories can also recruit candidates from the Express Entry pool through the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) to meet local labour market needs.

Eligibility criteria

Federal Skilled Worker Program

  • Language skills: CLB 7

  • Type/Level of work experience: Canadian or foreign experience in 1 of NOCs: 0, A, or B

  • Amount of work experience: One year continuous within the last 10 years

  • Job offer: Not required

  • Education: Secondary education required


Federal Skilled Trades Program

  • Language skills: CLB 5 for speaking and listening, CLB 4 for reading and writing

  • Type/Level of work experience: Canadian or foreign experience in a skilled trade under key groups of NOC B

  • Amount of work experience: Two years within last 5 years 

  • Job offer: Required

  • Education: Not required

Canadian Experience Class

  • Language skills: CLB 7 if your NOC is 0 or A, CLB 5 if your NOC is B

  • Type/Level of work experience: Canadian experience in 1 of NOCs: 0, A, or B

  • Amount of work experience: One year in Canada in the last 3 years

  • Job offer: Not required

  • Education: Not required

Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)


This program is for workers who:

  • have the skills, education and work experience to contribute to the economy of a specific province or territory

  • want to live in that province, and

  • want to become permanent residents of Canada


Each province and territory has its own “streams” (immigration programs that target certain groups) and requirements.

Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)


Learn how foreign workers, international students, business owners or entrepreneurs from outside of Canada can apply for permanent residence in Ontario, or how Ontario businesses can recruit international talent. 

For more information, visit the OINP website: HERE

Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot


The Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot is a community-driven program, designed to spread the benefits of economic immigration to smaller communities by creating a path to permanent residence for skilled foreign workers who want to work and live in one of the participating communities.

For more information, visit the RINP website: HERE

Family sponsorship


If you’re eligible, you can sponsor your spouse, partner or dependent children; your parents and grandparents; certain relatives, to become permanent residents of Canada.

Sponsor your spouse, partner or dependent children

You can sponsor your spouse, partner or dependent child if:

  • You’re at least 18 years old

  • You’re a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act

    • If you’re a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when the persons you want to sponsor become permanent residents.

    • You can’t sponsor someone if you’re a permanent resident living outside Canada.

  • You’re able to prove that you’re not receiving social assistance for reasons other than a disability

  • you can provide for the basic needs of any persons you want to sponsor

Sponsor your parents and grandparents

You can sponsor your own parents and grandparents if:

Canadian Government Fee 

Express Entry

Your application: $1365

Include your spouse or partner: $1365

Include a dependent child: $230 (per child)

Family Sponsorship

Sponsor your spouse or partner: $1080

Sponsor a dependent child: $1080

Sponsor your parent or grandparent: $155 (per child)

bottom of page